Our Long Island, New York company provides a full range of geriatric care management services in Suffolk County, Nassau County and Queens. Many of our clients hire us to help care for an aging or infirmed adult. We will often assist with nursing home placement or home health aide management, while advising our clients on choices to protect their income and financial resources. Click here to download our guidebook on selecting the right level of geriatric care.
Geriatric Care Management Services provided for an older adult may include:
- Psychosocial, emotional, and medical assessment of patient, along with ongoing counseling and emotional support.
- Assist in the referral, selection and applications necessary for in-home services,assisted living and nursing care facilities.
- Weekly visitations to home/care facility and monitoring client care plan with home/care facility staff.
- Coordination and supervision of in-home caregivers and other support services, including weekly medication management.
- Coordinate and attend medical appointments and doctor evaluations. Coordinate and confer health care providers regarding health concerns, medications, and compliance issues.
- Assisting family and client with legal and medical directives, Medicare, Supplemental and Long Term Care insurance issues.
- Educate family regarding long-range planning options for their loved one, including Medicaid nursing home applications. Work with trustee(s), guardian and professional estate planners as necessary.
- Crisis intervention to coordinate and assess all medical emergencies.
- Act as health care surrogate if requested by client, when there are no other family members.
- Provide bookkeeping and bill paying services as needed.
- Weekly reporting to family member or responsible person.